Saving Trees was the FIRST ACTION taken by Soroptimists in 1921.
100 years later we reinitiate a new tree project: “Planting Trees for a Brilliant Future” in collaboration with SIGBI
What better way to celebrate the first centenary of Soroptimists, to raise the profile of our Organisation and to help the environment #PlantTrees.
This new Campaign to celebrate our centenary is starting NOW!
Soroptimist members, Clubs, Unions within SIE
1 tree, 10 trees, 100 trees, … 1000 trees, it doesn’t matter, it is all about planting trees and visibility!
Please join this fabulous Campaign to #PlantTrees for a Brilliant Future.
WHAT'S YOUR STORY?
Tell us your story! How did you start your project? What trees are you planting? Etc. ….
- Share projects and informatio
- Ask questions via Contact us on the Centenary website
- Send us photos of your campaigns,
- Share through Programme Directors and Programme Director Assistants
Find out what is necessary in your region, where to find information and expertise for projects big and small on varied topics:
- Establishing a woodland,
- What type of trees to plant dependant on climate,
- Where and when to plant for best result,
- Tree Planting techniques,
- Where to get free or inexpensive trees,
- How to engage locally.
- Work locally with community groups, guides, schools, businesses and Local Councils,
- Work globally with Friendship Links.
#PlantTrees – Go To Organisations? Link leads to the following list